Sunday 28 October 2012

Visual Dare – a first glimpse of Esther


When I surveyed the full range of inspirational images Angela had posted for the latest Visual Dare I was stunned to see beautiful young woman staring back at me who would make the perfect Esther in my NaNoWriMo story.

I have rigidly stuck to the 100 word limit for this exercise, hopefully there’s just enough to whet your appetite without giving away how I plan to unfold this rich story.


Cai watched his cousin with some pride.  She had adapted well to the strange ways of Exilia; rarely putting a foot wrong or arousing suspicion as to the secrets kept close to her heart.

When first placed in his care, she was a gentle, timid child, prone to nightmares. His constant shadow had grown into a beautiful young woman, with milky skin, emerald eyes and golden braided hair.

His obligations for her were ending; soon she would be graded and assigned. Another soul inside the Citadel could be useful but The Great Author’s plans for Esther were as yet unknown.


I hope to bring you a few more snippets of Esther’s story throughout November depending on how the NaNo adventure progresses. My ideas are coming thick and fast and I’m looking forward myself to exploring the land of Exilia and uncovering its secrets.

NaNoWriMo is shaping up to be a lot of fun!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, got me interested big time. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm I'm loving how you're ramping this up! NaNo for you is going to be fuuunnnnnn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Sarah, I am so looking forward to reading more. I recently just incorporated a cousin into MY NaNoWriMo story (though the context is completely different). I must have picked up on one of your many creative brainwaves.

    This story looks so intriguing! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Oh, she is lovely and compelling!! I'm so excited about this story!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea and the picture goes so well! Isn't it funny how our little flash fictions are entwining with NaNo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I LOVE it!! Can't wait to read more... X

    ReplyDelete