Wednesday 19 June 2013

#FiveSentenceFiction - Home

With literally hours to spare here's my Five Sentence Fiction for this week.

This week's word is HOME.

I've been showing you lots of pictures this week of my home, in various states of repair, but today I wanted to create somewhere new, someone else's home with a different perspective...



The stench as I climbed the stairs was difficult to ignore, as was the offensive graffiti that lined the walls.

Trying hard not to let my face betray my prejudices I knocked on the door of flat 5b.

Mel threw the door wide open, her beaming smile warm and welcoming.

I could see her flat was basically furnished but neat and clean, why was that such a surprise?

Compared to the shop doorway where Mel had been sleeping a few weeks ago her new home was like a palace.
  

- click on the link on Lillie's blog to read some other great stories too! -

4 comments: