Monday 29 July 2013

An update...



Well I thought it only fair after going on and on about my house viewing to share what happened, only I’m staring at a blank page and wondering where to start.

Yes they were very keen however as with anything connected with this grand and imposing house it’s not quite so straightforward.

The interested party is a charity and they are at the beginning of their search. The two trustees I met on Saturday will have to take away their thoughts and ideas and work together with others from their group looking at the feasibility of the project, funding etc.

As ever in my own mind I’d skipped a few chapters of the story and was almost planning packing up and moving out. I was certainly getting excited about the prospect of NOT having to sweep up the leaves this autumn.

Apparently my mum actually told my brother I’d sold my house! So maybe that is where I get my over-enthusiastic nature from.

Now I thought the delay would send my mood tumbling, I’ve been very up and down recently, but I’d read this verse in the Bible on Saturday morning…

“But oh my soul don’t be discouraged. Don’t be upset. Expect God to act! For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise him for all he will do. He is my help! He is my God!”
Psalm 42 verse 11 (Living Bible)

No other version says it quite the same way. I particularly like the phrase “expect God to act!” and the certainty the psalmist has that God will do good things in the future, there will be cause for celebration.  

These words went deep into my soul and I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is working things out – I just have to be reminded occasionally, often, very often, OK - all the time. (I thank God for my best friend who is extremely patient with me – you know who you are! xx)

The truth is there is no urgency for us to move NOW, this viewing was an unexpected bonus and time will tell what comes of it.

In the meantime I can relax, enjoy my kitchen, take a sense of pride from my mostly tidy house and revel in the summer holidays and all they have to offer.

Maybe I could also do some writing while I’m waiting? Now there’s an idea!

1 comment:

  1. You never know what's round the corner, and as you say the house is sorted & weeks of summer is a head. Writing, reading, spending time with the boys - bliss.

    ReplyDelete