Friday 12 July 2013

unexpected phone call...



Sometimes I get the feeling that God’s on the move, I get a sense that something momentous is about to happen.

Sometimes I am even proved right when the most unexpected things occur out of the blue.

Because I am not always right I don’t totally trust these feelings but yesterday was such a day with thoughts bubbling away beneath the surface.

Now I am a girl with a great imagination, I can daydream the most impossible scenarios which in my head seem completely plausible. If God wants to surprise me he’s got to come up with something spectacular.

It was as simple as a phone call.

It was the estate agent ringing to say someone is interested in buying my house, my house that has not even been on the market for a year. 

(I’ve just found last year’s diary, it was a year ago exactly that I bounced on the bed and started pulling woodchip wallpaper off my bedroom ceiling with a view to decorating and staying put for the time being. I have been busy with my home improvements ever since.)

God has always had plans for this house, trouble is he never tells me the whole story; I get cross, confused and have ended up in tears so many times as I struggle to understand what’s going on but somewhere behind the scenes God had been working things out.

Now this may all come to nothing, in which case I can enjoy my new kitchen, eat my strawberries, look forward to the greengages that may appear next year and spend another cosy Christmas sat beside my real log fire.

On the other hand I could be at the beginning of a brand new chapter, perhaps an entirely new story is unfolding…

I could write a long list of pros and cons however I’m trying not to think about it too much, I’m not even looking for a new house yet, although my best friend has already found a few possible properties I should investigate.

I am going to try to be still, trusting God and his plans. I don’t understand them, they make no sense to me especially when I have just spent two months living in total kitchen chaos.

Doing the unexpected seems to be God's specialty!

Two days before Andrew died God sent me a rainbow, typically while I was driving, and the song I was listening to had these words,

          “Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever, forever
From the rising to the setting sun
His love endures forever
And by the grace of God we will carry on
His love endures forever”

Although I never knew what was about to happen, I knew for certain God was with us and have always held onto that thought.

This week I’ve been listening to two other songs in the car the first is called Faithful, this time by the Rend Collective Experiment,
               
            "There’s no words that you’ve spoken
That haven’t brought hope
No promise you’ve made
You haven’t fulfilled”



And then God you are my God by Pete James, which I have sung as a prayer for the past week or so as I try to figure out what I am supposed to be doing,

            "God you are my God 
            And earnestly I seek you 
            God you are my God 

            And earnestly I seek you

            And my soul longs for you
            And my soul longs for you

            One thing I ask,  and one thing I seek
That all the days of my life
I may dwell in Your house
And gaze on your beauty."
 
So all I have to do is cling on and wait and see where this adventure takes us because I know for sure that God is right in the middle of all that has happened, is happening and will happen ...

Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Sarah. I love reading your stuff, you are so truthful in your writing and I think it's a good idea to share like this.
    I wondered if it was to do with the house?!
    Watch this space :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly works in mysterious ways Sarah! You do right to be still in him and just trust.
    A little unsettling I know in light of all your recent improvements but he has it all in hand!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete