Saturday 5 May 2012

Once Upon a Time... there was a writing contest…


After yesterday’s whinging and moaning my day took an unexpected turn causing my mood to soar.

You may remember a few weeks ago I wrote an unexpected fairytale for an online competition on the Yearning for Wonderland blog.

Click on this link to read my entry A Moment Before Moving.

There were 88 entries altogether and the standard was very high. I never had time to read all the entries but the ones I did made me laugh out loud, made me think and filled me with wonder. There were updated classic fairytales, modern stories with a magical twist and plenty that you didn’t want to end – 350 words is almost too few and yet each story is perfectly complete.

There are links at the end of my blog post for you to read all the stories on line too but pretty soon you will be able to read it in a real book or as an eBook!

Yesterday I had an email telling me all the stories are to be published in an anthology.

You can read more here on Susi's blog.


That strange noise you may have heard yesterday is the sound of 88 people squealing with delight that their dreams are coming true.

They were not new stars in the sky last night but a shimmer of fairy dust glittering in the moonlight. Our Fairy Godmothers (A.K.A. Anna and Susi) were busy spreading joy and happiness and there will be little rest for them until copies of the book are safely in our hands.

Now if that isn’t an unexpected fairytale I don’t know what is!


1 comment:

  1. *hugs* It really is a fabulous thing, isn't it! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete